As a homeowner, you will want to come up with as many creative ways to keep your home clean and maintained. When it comes to owning a home with gutters, getting on the roof is not ideal for most. In this case, you will want to try your best to avoid gimmick cleaning tools and stay off the ladder if you can. How to clean gutters without a ladder? There are a variety of tools such as a leaf blower or shop vacuum that might help.
Let’s take a look below at what the best options are for keeping you off the ladder and your gutters cleaned.
What Are My Best Options
Believe it or not, there are a variety of options when it comes to cleaning your gutters. Cleaning the gutters from the ground is key. Let’s take a look at what our gutter cleaner options are.
- Gutter Vacuum – use a shop vac uses its vacuum chamber to suck out any leaves and debris from the gutters. This includes pine needles.
- Garden Hose – use a high-powered nozzle attached to any garden hose.
- Gutter Flusher – this is a tool that uses a high-powered jet stream to blast away any debris from your gutters.
- Extendable metal poles – attach a gutter cleaning applicator to your telescoping wand metal pole so that you can reach up high enough into the gutter and remove the debris.
- Gutter cleaning tool – some companies offer a special gutter cleaning tool that connects to a telescoping wand pole that will extend high enough up that you don’t have to leave the ground.
- Power washer – using a power washer with a high-powered jet stream of water allows you to force any debris from the gutter system.
Other Recommended Maintenance
Now that you have some ideas on how to clean your gutters without a ladder, take a look at some products. For example, gutter guards might be a way to go. Read up on if gutter guards are a waste of money. This allows you to make an informed decision.
Next, follow up with your home inspection team to ensure that your gutters are in good condition. If you have a basement, a poorly working or bad gutter system could be causing your basement to take on water. This is a result of a pooling of water in the ground. The water isn’t displaced properly with a bad gutter system.
Lastly, while you are having your roof and gutters inspected, ask as many questions as you can regarding your roofing materials. This will come in handy if you ever need to repair your roof. Knowing if roofing felt is waterproof will help you understand how the layers of your roofing system work.
When Do I Call A Professional
Dealing with maintenance on a roof or gutter system is never ideal for a homeowner. For the most part, homeowners are not keen on getting up on a ladder and climbing onto their roofs. There are too many possible safety concerns. Reaching out to a professional gutter cleaning service is a great idea. If you aren’t sure who to call, reach out to your local home inspection team. They can inspect your gutters and recommend some great preventative maintenance tips. Also, they can refer you to a local reputable professional gutter company.
For homeowners, getting up on a ladder is never an exciting idea. However, you do need to maintain your gutters. It might be a good idea to hire a gutter installation company to recommend and install a gutter protection system. Before doing any of that, make sure you reach out to your local home inspection team. You will want your gutters inspected to ensure that the roof and gutters are connected properly and working properly. Reach out to Enviroquest Home Inspections for a roof and gutter inspection as well as a complete home inspection in Harrisburg, PA.